Activity Assistant - Casual
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 48 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest Council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the Western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 550,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing Councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join the Key Venues team at a number of locations within Blacktown City Council as casual Activity Assistants (predominately lifeguarding).
The role highlights are:
- Maintaining high quality pool supervision
- Working in a team environment to ensure the effective day-to-day operation of the Centre while providing customers with a safe and enjoyable experience
If you have a Pool Lifeguard Certificate, great communication skills, commitment to customer service excellence and a passion for safety around the water then this is the role for you!
About the opportunity
Key Venues consists of 10 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
Activity Assistants will provide high quality pool supervision at the following centres:
• Blacktown Aquatic Centre
• Charlie Lowles Leisure Centre Emerton
• Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope.
Expressions of Interest are being sought for enthusiastic Activity Assistants to apply to the venue of their choice.
Successful applicants will be responsible for maintaining high quality pool supervision and a high standard of centre cleanliness. Activity Assistants will assist with setting up equipment for program delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
- Current Pool Lifeguard certificate
- Current First Aid certificate
- Relevant experience
- Current Class 'C' Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Children Check.
Please attach ALL essential qualifications (as per the job description outline)
Salary and Conditions
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- An hourly rate of $25.7974 - $27.0789 (Grade 3, Level 1 – Level 3) per hour plus 25% casual loading as well as penalty rates apply for weekend shifts
- Trainee rates apply for applicants under 19 years of age
- Casual working hours
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 19 June 2020
Contact Officer: Tristan Harris 8822 6000
INTERNAL REF: Casual