Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 48 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest Council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the Western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 550,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing Councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity is available to join our Civil Asset Maintenance team.
You will be responsible to assist the Manager Civil Asset Maintenance (MCAM) ensuring the Department operates smoothly and efficiently by providing secretarial and administrative assistance. You will organise MCAM meetings, prepare agendas, minutes of the meetings and provide reports on a monthly basis. The role requires to efficiently and promptly respond to the Mayor/Councillors/members of the senior management/external contacts and maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality of information and tasks.
Qualifications and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Administration or similar
- Solid relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience using computer software programs including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Availability to work flexible working hours
- Current class C driver's licence.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,186.40- $1,328.80 (Grade 7) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 25 September 2020
Contact Officer: Surinder Aneja on 9839 6310
INTERNAL REF: BCC1792