Team Leader Customer Experience
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 48 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest Council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the Western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 550,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing Councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
About the opportunity
Blacktown City Council is seeking a motivated and experienced candidate to lead the day to day operations of the Blacktown City Information Centre. This is a busy and dynamic team operating the Blacktown City Council call centre and customer information counters.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
• Demonstrate interpersonal and people management skills in the supervision of the Customer Experience team
• Identify problem areas of service delivery across Blacktown City Council
• Provide support to the coordinator customer experience to achieve KPI targets
• Permanent, full-time position.
Qualifications and experience
- Certificate IV in customer service, local government, business administration or a related field
- Experience in managing and monitoring a team in a call centre environment
- Solid customer service experience in either telephone or face to face enquiries in a high volume area
- Experience in Call Centre operations including complaint management handling experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to coach in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in and contribute to a team environment whilst working with minimal supervision
- High level cash handling experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local government activities and responsibilities
- Experience in Technology One, TRIM and SharePoint applications.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,507.80 - $1,688.70 (Grade 12) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 30 October 2020, 11:30 pm
Contact Officer: Rosanna Maccarone on 9839 6449
INTERNAL REF: BCC738