Kiosk / Service Assistant
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 48 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest Council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the Western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 550,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing Councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
About the opportunity
Key Venues consists of 11 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
We require Casual Kiosk/Service assistants at 4 of our venues. This includes Blacktown Aquatic Centre, Charlie Lowles Leisure Centre Emerton, Mount Druitt Swimming Centre and Riverstone Swimming Centre.
As a Kiosk/Service Assistant you will display a positive attitude and the ability to communicate information about our facilities, services and programs to our customers. You will need to present and maintain a clean, enjoyable and safe working environment. Previous experience in customer service, cash handling and/or the retail food industry would be beneficial.
We are looking for a motivated, positive and charismatic customer service representative to join the team at Key Venues as a casual Kiosk/Service Assistant
The role includes :
- Opportunity to work in 1 or both areas of Kiosk and Reception
- Providing exceptional customer service within the aquatic and leisure environment
- Variable hours pending centre requirements and your availability
If you have a can-do personality and passion to deliver exceptional customer service then this is the role for you!
Qualifications and experience
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent customer service
- Experience handling monies
- Current Working With Children Check.
- Current driver’s licence
- Computer knowledge/experience
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Oxygen Equipment Certificate
- Food Handling Certificate
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Availability to work flexible working hours.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive hourly rate of $25.0605 (Grade 2) per hour plus 25% casual loading will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- Trainee rates apply for applicants under 19 years of age
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 18 December 2020
Contact Officer: Courtney Knapp on 8869 9002
INTERNAL REF: Casual