Library Technician - Customer Service
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest Council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the Western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 550,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing Councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
About the opportunity
Exciting opportunities are available for experienced Library Technicians to join the Customer Service team in the delivery of effective customer service at our libraries.
We are looking for experienced Library Technicians to fill:
- 1 x Permanent, full-time position
- Various Casual positions.
Reporting to the Branch Librarians, the positions will focus on providing current and accurate information to meet the needs and the delivery of library programs. You will be proficient in the delivery of quality customer service, current library and technology trends as well as all library resources. The successful applicants will be proactive in the areas of customer service and team work.
Qualifications and experience
- Library Technician Diploma, Associate Diploma or equivalent, as recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Previous library experience
- Demonstrated strong commitment to a customer focused service
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and independently
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Relevant computer skills
- Current class C driver’s licence
- Working with Children Check number.
- First aid certification
- Ability to speak a community language.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
Permanent, full-time role:
- A competitive salary range for the permanent, full-time position of $1,107.90 - $1,240.90 (Grade 5) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
- An hourly rate applies at $29.1553 (Grade 5, Level 1) plus 25% casual loading and penalty rates apply for weekend shifts. The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Closing Date: Friday 4 December 2020, 11.30 pm
Contact Officer: Samantha Cadwallen on 9839 6601
INTERNAL REF: BCC1186 and Casual