Customer Service Coordinator
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest Council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the Western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 550,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing Councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity has opened up to lead the Customer Service team in delivering effective customer service at our libraries. This position is responsible for the supervision of branch services across the library network and developing strong relationships between branches and their communities. The role is responsible for ensuring excellence in customer service and improving patron experience at all locations.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent as recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Eligible for professional membership of ALIA
- Solid working experience in a public library
- Current NSW Class C Drivers Licence.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,567.30 - $1,755.40 (Grade 13) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Car allowance
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Closing Date: Friday 4 December 2020, 11.30 pm
Contact Officer: Laurence McDonnell on 9839 6600
INTERNAL REF: BCC1183